Summer Noodle Salad
This beautiful, light salad is inspired by South East Asian flavours, a favourite style of our Food Editor, Chantelle Campbell. The perfect side to a Summer BBQ and a delicious vegetarian option. While this salad is filling on it’s own, if you’d like to make this a larger meal, it’s perfectly paired with poached chicken or some grilled prawns, fresh from the hot plate.
“For a real flavour burst, prepare this in advance and leave covered in the fridge for at least an hour. I love using bright colours in this salad, adding different coloured capsicums is a great way to achieve this” says Chantelle.
Vegetarian / Vegan / Dairy Free / Gluten Free
- 1 small packet vermicelli noodles (In a bowl pour over warm water sit for 20mins then drain) to soften
- 1 cup carrot, grated or thinly sliced
- 1 cup capsicums, thinly sliced
- 1 fresh chilli, chopped (optional)
- 1 cup fresh coriander, chopped
- 1/2 cup roasted cashew nuts
- 1 spring onion, thinly sliced
- 4 Tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 Tablespoon sesame oil
- 2 Tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 Tablespoon sweet chilli sauce
- 1 Tablespoon freshly grated ginger
- 1 crushed garlic clove
- 1 Tablespoon fish sauce (omit for Vegan / Vegetarian option)
Mix the dressing together and pour over drained vermicelli noodles, mix and leave in fridge for 1 hour. Then mix the rest of the vegetables through serve in a large bowl garnish with roasted cashew, coriander and fried shallots.
Also try adding fresh chopped pineapple and fresh mint (lovely fresh summer option).
Recipe by Chantelle Campbell, Photography & Styling by Jessica Whiting
Products Shown: Small bowls, from Claybird Ceramics. Large serving bowl and napkins, stylists own. Bowls with blue glaze, from Kmart. Brass salad servers, from Superette. Brass cutlery, from The Warehouse.